Friday, December 23, 2011

Why Art Thou Cast Down?

You know how sometimes you're kinda down, but don't know why?  And then you realize that you really do know why, but you just didn't want to admit the reason to yourself; and even now that you've realized the reason, you still don't want to admit it?  I've found myself in this mood a few times recently.

When there are a few things that are sort of upsetting the symmetry in our lives, we ought to praise God and trust Him to set things right in His time.  When the boat we're in is in some pretty wave-tossed water, and we're kinda just trying to hang on, praise God and trust Him to do what's right and good for us, His children.  When we look out across the horizon and we see so many other boats that are in perfectly calm water, praise God and trust Him to bring us into the peaceful waters in His time.  

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
~Psalm 42:11~



No comments:

Post a Comment